Gospel JN 14:7-14
Jesus said to his disciples:
“If you know me, then you will also know my Father.
From now on you do know him and have seen him.”
Philip said to Jesus,
“Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.”
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time
and you still do not know me, Philip?
Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.
How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?
The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own.
The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.
Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me,
or else, believe because of the works themselves.
Amen, amen, I say to you,
whoever believes in me will do the works that I do,
and will do greater ones than these,
because I am going to the Father.
And whatever you ask in my name, I will do,
so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.”
Sacred Heart Parish: Coronavirus Update 5-10-20
- Sacred Heart Parish has created a COVID-19 Task Force to discuss the innumerable details that need to be considered to allow our parish to reopen safely and resume Masses. The Task Force will report back to the parish.
Mission Statement: The Sacred Heart Parish Covid-19 Task Force will assist the Pastor in planning for the reopening of the parish for the celebration of Masses for as many parishioners as can be accommodated in a healthy and safe environment within state guidelines. It will also help articulate how Sacred Heart Parish can lead in calling all parishioners to service. The plan will outline what adjustments will be needed when Masses with a greater number of people become possible at a future time. The health and safety of all clergy, staff and parishioners will be the central element of the plan. The Task Force’s assistance will be offered for as long as necessary.
- Sacred Heart Parish will determine when and how we resume Masses based on our ability to maintain a safe environment. Keep in mind that these procedures and timeline may be different from other churches in the diocese.
– The goal is to tentatively resume Masses at Sacred Heart Church only the weekend of Pentecost, May 30 & 31.
– Initially, Masses will be offered only at Sacred Heart Church. We will open the two mission churches at a later date.
– We are pursuing the ability to live stream/ record Masses and make them available on our website.
- It is important to keep in mind that when Masses do resume, things will be different than before.
– The number of people who can attend will be limited.
– Parishioners will be asked to register in advance to attend a Mass.
– There will be a check-in process for Mass.
– We will follow social distancing rules.
– Attendees will be required to wear a mask.
– The church will be cleaned and sanitized after each Mass.
- More details coming soon
– Check the bulletin, website & Facebook for more details. We will be sending out more detailed communications in the next few weeks.